Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 00:20:14 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
To:        spaz@u.washington.edu (John Utz)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dejagnu, anyone?

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, John Utz wrote:

> . . . . .
> 	Now i need to *test* the latest octave snapshot and it seems that
> we are no longer among the blessed wrt DejaGNU :-(
>
> 	It seems to me that this was not always so, but this is the first
> time i have ever gotten really serious about doing something like this,
> so i really wouldn't know.
>
> 	Has anybody built it lately? The current version is 1.2. I looked
> in packages and ports for 2.05 and 2.1 No soap.

I've been using DejaGnu 1.2 (ftp'ed from prep.ai.mit.edu).  As far
as I know, it hasn't been updated since April 1994.  By the end of
1994, a number of bugs had been reported, but no patches were issued
that I'm aware of.

> 	If anybody has a copy i would like to hear how they built it. The
> configure fails to recognize a FreeBSD-2.0.5 Release box, or even if i
> try and force it to try i386-unknown-freebsd.

./configure 386bsd

> 	The odd thing is that configure.guess recognizes it, but that may
> be a file that comes with configure already knowing this piece of info.

Config.guess uses uname(1) to produce this.  Sort of the ELIZA approach
to configuration management. :-(  But you have to stick with a platform
it actually knows.

--
Robert Nordier