Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 2002 17:32:12 +0100
From:      dslb@tiscali.dk
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The stack and heap

I see why FreeBSD doesn't have a non-executable stack and heap, mainly be=
cause
ia32 don't devide read and execute permissions, but it would be nice for
a program to chose if it's stack (and heap) should be executable or havin=
the option to make ALL stacks non-executable. Does ia64 fix the problem
with read/execute permissions, so we can make a syscall to limit stack-ba=
sed
overflows?

br
socketd