Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 09:48:10 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LiViD on FreeBSD.

I've been having problems getting LiViD to compile on FreeBSD.
libcss.c references sys/dvdio.h.  FreeBSD has this header file, but
it's structure is significantly different than the netBSD one.

In particular, an ioctl() in libcss is fetching the key from the media
and the format of the key (among other) data is in dvdio.h.  The
FreeBSD header seems to not fill in the detail of the data it's
returning.  I'm wondering if I can expect that the NetBSD header file
will produce working code (ie. the structure that we're fetching is
the same) or if some hacking on the dvd driver is necessary...

Has anyone successfully compiled LiViD?

Dave.