Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:43:14 -0300
From:      "X-Ripper" <xripper@itelefonica.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AlphaServer ES-40...

Greetings,

I need some help installing FreeBSD on a ES-40. I have a DS-10 and a =
AS800
running without any problems the 4.9-RC version, but the ES-40 is a =
little
different.

This box has 4 x 500 Mhz CPU=B4s, 4 x Qlogic SCSI boards, 1 x DAC960 =
Mylex
card sold by Compaq with 2.73 firmware, 2 x DE-500 ethernet cards, a =
Elsa
Gloria Sinergy v=EDdeo card, 5Gb of RAM memory and a disk shelf with 6 x =
9Gb
SCSI disks.

The mylex is configured with one hot spare disk and 5 disks using =
RAID-5. I
can boot the 5.1 Release without any problem, it recognizes the array, =
says
it=B4s online with 32 Gb of capacity, but when I start the installation =
and go
to label the disk, there is no disk to label and create partitions.

With the same box, I installed Red Hat 7.2 without any problem but I =
want
FreeBSD.

There is some issue with firmware versions on the ES-40? I upgraded to =
SRM
6.15-x and to AlphaBIOS ??? ( I don=B4t remember now ) but it was the =
latest
bios on Compaq site for ES-40.

There is anything I can do??? Another thing, I tried to boot 4.9-RC1 =
also
but it panics. It says that 4.8 supports ES-40 but this is not true for =
me.

Thanks all...

Alessandro.