Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 06:04:38 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        so@server.i-clue.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Sun Grid Engine 5.2.3 Available. Now Open Source

Jim Bryant wrote:

> Christoph Sold wrote:
> >
> > [Extensive cross-posting adress list dropped.]
> >
> > Jim Bryant wrote:

> > > I coulda sworn I saw that they had source code available for
> > > grid engine as well, as this weekend i was downloading stuff for
> > > Solaris 8 x86 [which i run on one of my disks].
> >
> > Direct from Suns Grid Engine FAQ:
> > [Line breaks edited by me.]
> >
> > "Q: Is Sun making the source for the now-current Sun Grid Engine
> >    software versions 5.2.2/5.2.3 available in open source?
> >
> > A: The source available in the Grid Engine open source project has
> >    received numerous modifications in order to prepare it for
> >    release as open source software. Organizations interested in
> >    obtaining the source for the now current 5.2.2/5.2.3 versions
> >    under a Sun source-access (non-open source) license should
> >    contact sungridengine_partners@sun.com."
>
> Here is the URL referencing the Grid Engine Open Source project.
>
> Not much there, apparently it's one of those Real Soon Now(TM) items, but this is the URL:
>
> http://www.sun.com/software/gridware/gridengine_project.html

Apparently the Grid Engine Open Source Project was discussed in one of yesterday's sessions at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention
in San Diego.  It was the first conference at the convention.

http://www.sun.com/software/star/events/oreillyopensource2001/

Anyone around here attending this convention that attended the Grid Engine session that can give us some info on this subject?
Apparently the convention ends on Friday.

jim
--
ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!