Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:21:14 -0500
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Larry Sica <lomion@mac.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

Larry Sica wrote:
> I do not have the expertise to do any hard core programming, does that
> mean i therefore should have no say?  What if i write a number of
> articles, or am really helpful?

If you're really helpful, you could get a commit bit with the -doc
project, and a vote for the next core committee.  To learn how, read

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/01/31/Big_Scary_Daemons.html

(Disclaimer: I'm not speaking from personal experience -- I haven't
contributed enough to -doc, and what little I have contributed needs
updating.  But then I'm not the one demanding commit bit or a vote for
core.  What few contributions I made were accepted readily; I'm sure
that if I regularly filed high-quality PRs, people would give me a
commit bit just to keep me quiet, as they did with Michael.)

- R