Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:50:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To:        "[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: emulators/wine - linker error

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> The latest version of the port fails with the following output on my
> system (FBSD 6.1):
>
> cc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wpointer-arith -I/usr/local/include -O2 -pipe -march=pentium-m  -o parse.o parse.c
> parse.c: In function `ldap_parse_sort_controlW':
> parse.c:238: warning: implicit declaration of function `ldap_parse_sort_control'
> parse.c: In function `ldap_parse_vlv_controlW':
> parse.c:292: warning: implicit declaration of function `ldap_parse_vlv_control'

My guess is you have some packages installed, which make Wine's
configure detect support for LDAP, but the implementation is not
sufficient to really build.

One of the weaknesses of the FreeBSD Ports Collection is that building
on your local machine may find packages, and change the behavior of the
build, which the package maintainer never has seen nor tested against.

I believe that if you do a

  % pkg_info | grep ldap

you will find packages different from openldap-client, and if you remove
all (or some) of these, the Wine build will succeed.

Looking at upstream changes, it looks as if some things have changed
in the meantime.

Gerald