Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 07:01:06 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@CirX.ORG>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: question about perl5 ports

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 01:47:16PM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:
> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to ml.freebsd.ports as well.

> CL> I think we already have one :-) Take a look at
> CL> ports/www/p5-Template-Toolkit. I created this port one or two weeks
> CL> ago. If you like, you could take the maintainership of this port :-)
> CL> (I set it to ports@FreeBSD.org when I committed it.)
>
> I think ports/www is the wrong place for it.  It is a text processing
> tool.  Some people use it for www stuff, but it is not a www tool per
> se.

Uhm !? That's new to me, but I agree with you. It's hard to tell what
a perl module should belong to www/ or textproc/. Well, perl itself
is meant to textproc, isn't it ? Is adding a textproc virtual catalog
ok ?

--
pub  1024D/F8D2B472 2000-08-05 Clive Lin <clive@CirX.ORG>
     Key fingerprint = 7F9D 57A8 55C7 AA18 49B5  3820 570B 27F6 F8D2 B472