Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 16:38:06 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com (Brian Handy)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-RELEASE?

> I think it depends.  Do you want to get money into the hands of FreeBSD
> people or into the hands of Walnut Creek?  (Not to knock Walnut Creek.)
> I'm wondering if my $40 subscription would be better spent mailed in as a
> donation.  If they buy $1500 in CD's, the FreeBSD project will get some

donation to whom ? Handling money etc has its costs, and for sure,
apart from the significant investment in time and manpower of many
developers, WC has the enormous merit of giving infrastructure
support to the project, in the form of equipment, network access,
advertisment, probably salaries to some people, etc.

I do hope they (WC) get some good revenue from FreeBSD, so that the
project can be seen as a profitable investment and get more resources.

I am not even a customer, but very satisfied!

	cheers
	luigi