Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 00:46:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will userconfig work soon again?

> I want to try to get my PCI NE2000 clone to work properly, but by
> default it is not probed well (it does work in other OSses). Thus I
> rely on userconfig to get it to work. It doesn't work at the moment
> however. Should I try an older version of the kernel (which one) or
> will userconfig work again shortly?

UserConfig works now, but on *some hardware* (my boxes don't show the
problem with the -current code) once you use it then you can't use the
keyboard anymore.  I've got a box that's connected to the ethernet, so I
used UserConfig to get the ethernet configured correctly, then remotely
logged in and rebooted it.  Once I rebooted normally (w/out using
UserConfig) the keyboard worked fine.

Yeah, I know it's a kludge, but it worked. :)

Nate