Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 14:18:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        alk@Think.COM (Tony Kimball)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: asynchronous metadata update in -current?

>    > I would have searched freebsd-fs.src, and in fact did, but it
>    > is empty, void, null, defunct, kaput.
>
>    That's the live filesystem?
>
> That's the wais index for the fs mailing list.

Ah.  Well.  That's not the kind of change that gets made there.

It's the kind of change that gets made on the spur of the moment
in -current.

Async mounts have more to do with the low level I/O subsystem than
that have to do with real changes to the FS code (though I would
like to see one of the debug sysctl variables in UFS replaced by
a check of the async flag and *NOT* defualted to async behaviour...
an that's a discussion for the FS list).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.