Date:      Fri, 05 Jul 1996 12:08:00 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How would you like the FreeBSD DOC CD presented/indexed?

Those of you who got the previous DOC CD (or heard me talk about it)
know that:

1. I had nothing to do with it.

2. I was not particularly pleased at how it was put together.
   To be specific, it wasn't very easy to use and the data was not
   provided in a format that lent itself to searching or re-use.

Now, as a direct result of #2, #1 has changed - I'm going to do the
next DOC CD and I'm currently looking over ways of presenting the
data.  My basic concept so far is that I'll provide the news in its
original form along with a tiny "nntp" equivalent that just delivers
the news off the CDROM to a standard newsreader configured to point at
localhost, and the mailing lists will be provided also in raw form
with a pre-created glimpse databse for easy searching.

Anything else people would like to see on this CD, or ways in which
they'd like the news/mail indexed?  Please speak up now! :-)

Thanks!

					Jordan