Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 07:12:38 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        surfmwb@nhr.com (Mark Bernard)
Subject:   Re: How do I setup up SMTP or using Eudora, ect... to access mail

As Mark Bernard wrote:

> I would like to set up the systems to use the SMTP so I can set up users
> with Dos/Win boxes to access Mail without having to use telnet.

An SMTP server (sendmail) is part of the base system, but you might
have to adapt /etc/sendmail.cf to your needs (or re-create it from the
source files).

You certainly want to install a pop3 server, there's one in the ports
collection.

(Please direct requests of this kind to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.)
--
cheers, J"org