Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:59:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG, nate@mt.sri.com, Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3c589D and pccard support in FreeBSD 2.2.5

Nate Williams wrote:
> > > Linux doesn't use the EEPROM values, but uses Card Services (like our
> > > pccard stuff).  However, the FreeBSD boot floppy doesn't support Card
> > > Services.
> >
> > 	huh!   we use the CIS tuples.
>
> if_zp.c uses the tuples to recognize the card, but no more.  It doesn't
> dynamically allocate resources, or anything like that.

	if_zp.c supports the 3c598d and if_ep.c supports the 3c598d.

	ugh!  how much duplicated code do we have there?
	i feel sick.

	so how does one select the correct io, mem, and irq values
	for the kernel config file using the if_zp.c?
	(please dont tell me boot doze and see what it uses...)

	why do we have both the if_ep.c and the if_zp.c?

	i'm mightly confused.....
jmb