Date:      Wed, 7 Dec 2011 06:24:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        perryh@pluto.rain.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, rfg@tristatelogic.com
Subject:   Re: Playing .ASX files via/within Firefox ?

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, perryh@pluto.rain.com wrote:

> "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to look at California Dept. of Transportation
>> webcams using Firefox on FreeBSD and so far it simply ain't workin'.
>> http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist3/departments/traffic/cameras/
>
> Works for me on 8.1-RELEASE with FF 3.5.10 and these packages:
[ ... ]

> All I had to do was click on a camera (I picked Williams SB, for no
> particular reason) and I got what looked like an image, including
> an "I-5 at Williams SB" overlay.  Granted there wasn't a whole lot
> to see, since it was after dark, but the image did show several
> vehicles' headlights -- it was not just a black rectangle.

Right, but that's a still image, a screenshot. Above that is a link
labeled "go to live camera" - when you click on that, do you see live
motion video? What I see is mplayer-plugin starting, then buffering, then
a blue rectangle.

The "live camera" link is what goes to the .asx, which is what the OP was
asking about.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]