Date:      Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:44:34 -0400
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        "Matthew King" <revghost8@dingoblue.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Word processing

matthe mumbled,

> Hello,
> i was just wondering what is the best program to download for word =
> processing for freebsd.

> Like there is StarOffice for Solaris and mic word for windows.
> whats a good one and where to download it for freeBSD.

1) *please* don't send html email to this list (or anywhere else for
that matter, it's really obnoxious :)

2) LyX.  It's lean, it's fast, and it produces beautiful output (using
latex, but you don't need to worry about that).

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.       Smeal 178    (814) 375-4700
dochawk@psu.edu