Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:02:18 -0500
From:      "Brian" <bellefso@execpc.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SMP panic on boot

Hello,

I have just installed a machine with 4.0 release. When I rebuilt the kernel
to enable SMP,
I got a panic on reboot. I cvsup'd to stable and tried it again, but the
same problem
occured. The following message is what I recieved:

APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery
APIC_IO: routing 8254 via IOAPIC #0 intpin 2

panic: mbinit
mp_lock = 00000002; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 00000000

Then the machine reboots. I have tried changing the SMP version between 1.1
and 1.4 with
the same results. The machine has worked previosly with 3.x. The machine is
a Abit BP6 with
dual Celeron 433's and 768 MB RAM. IDE hard drive and CDROM. I am not using
the Highpoint
controller on the board. I know that 4.0 will work with these boards, I have
two others running the same thing, but with SCSI. Any ideas what could be
causing this?

Thanks,

Brian