Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:33:49 -0600 (CST)
From:      Sean Farley <sean-freebsd@farley.org>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic (Fatal trap 12)

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Jason Andresen wrote:

> Sean Farley wrote:
>
> > I have been getting reboots of my box occassionaly under 4-STABLE
> > for awhile, and I would like some help trying to track it down.
> >
> > Hardware:
> > 1. Soltek 75DRV5.

<snip>

> > Things I have tried:
> > 1. Looked for leaking capacitors.  None found.
>
> I'd definatly double check those caps.  Do they look puffy?  They
> should be flat on top, pay close attention to the larger caps as they
> seem to go first.  I had almost this exact motherboard (the
> SL-75DRV2), and the caps all went out on me a few months ago.  The
> symptom was randomly rebooting for no particular reason.

I will open the case up again to check for puffiness.  Is even the
slightest bulge considered puffy?  Are they always perfectly flat?
Also, did you get Soltek to replace the board?

I also have a Soltek 75DRV2 in another computer that has been stable.  I
guess it is only a matter of time.

Sean
sean-freebsd@farley.org