Date:      Thu, 10 May 2007 04:30:31 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        freebsd-mips@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Broadcom MIPS progress

Things are now at a stage where the SiBa bus attachment stuff works, irq
allocation is propagated to nexus (because SiBa interrupts appear to map
1:1 on MIPS ones).

I am currently trying to get the PCI host bridge working. The WGT634U
ships with an Atheros 5213 in its MiniPCI slot so this should be
interesting.

The Sentry5 is a good way to get the SiBa support matured to a point
where we can think about targetting smaller systems based on chips such
as the Broadcom 4702 and 4710.

One thing we really need assistance with is a flash filesystem and
drivers for non-MMC flash memory. It would be great if someone could
step up to doing this -- FreeBSD lacks a framework such as Linux has for
this (MTD).

My overall objective for this project is to get the code to a point
where it will boot single-user and mount root via NFS using the SiBa
Ethernet cores present on the bus, most likely using the bfe(4) driver.

Regards,
BMS