Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 22:26:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Kingson Gunawan <kingson@excite.com>
Subject:   Re: Help needed with DPT card + Asus M/B

On 25-Feb-98 Tom wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Kingson Gunawan wrote:
>
>> Does anybody successfully run the DPT SmartRaid4 (PW-3334UW) with ASUS
>> P2L97-DS?  This combination keeps failing me...
>>
>> Detail:
>> Asus P2L97-DS dual PII-300
>> 512MB SDRAM
>> Intel EtherExpress 100B
>> SB16-Vibra
>> Matrox Millenium 2MB/VRAM
>>
>> Kernel: 3.0-980211-SNAP compiles with dpt0.
>>
>> Error message:
>>
>> dpt 0: xxx Lost Interrupts Recovered
>
>   Check IRQ settings.  Is anything else on the same IRQ as the DPT
> controller?

That is not it.  Unless some other driver is stealing the PCI interrupt
(which I do not know how to do with PCI).

The message comes from the fact that I see the controller status register
indicating an interrupt posted, but no interrupt delivered by the O/S for a
whole second.  There is a bit of race condition ther, so, once or twice a
day is normal (Yes, I'll fix it ;-).

What Kinkston is seeing is a total failure to boot.

Wait!  Try to disable caches on the board.  Completely.  It will run like a
pig, but let's see if it is/not a cache coherency problem.