Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 1996 10:21:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver for Hayes ESP cards..

> >Has anyone looked into writing a driver for the Hayes ESP cards?
>
> No one has even reported using the one in -current ;-(.

Hi Bruce,

I wasn't aware there was one.  I am supping an update now.  I don't have one
of these cards, (yet?), but it seemed like an interesting offer.  The Hayes
pricing still seems steep though.

Question:  I expect the answer is "no" (I'll look at the sources shortly),
but do the changes actually use the ESP card in the ESP mode, or just in
16550-sorta-compat mode?  I'd be delighted to hear "yes"  :-)

Thanks as always,

... JG