Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 22:24:20 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: socketpair bug?

In message <199606271813.UAA02652@uriah.heep.sax.de> you write:
>See also my Usenet reply: socketpair() basically needs a similar libc
>syscall wrapper like pipe().  Right now, it uses the generic syscall
>wrapper which is wrong.  (The XXX??'s can be removed again then. :)

I think the answer is the other way around -- socketpair() works as it
is and just needs the two XXX'd lines removed, no need for it to have a
wrapper like pipe().

We went through this a while ago and I don't remember the outcome
(except, of course, that I didn't commit anything, but that's probably
just because I'm lazy)

  Bill