Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:49:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      "ALeine" <aleine@austrosearch.net>
To:        flynn@energyhq.es.eu.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A bunch of memory allocation bugs in CGD

flynn@energyhq.es.eu.org wrote:

> This has nothing to do with FreeBSD development, take it
> elsewhere. What's your intention, start another flamefest
> like the endless CGD vs GBDE thread? Please.

This may come as a surprise to you, but there are people on
the freebsd-hackers mailing list who are not on the relevant
NetBSD mailing lists, but who are still interested in CGD
and who are likely candidates to do a 3rd party audit of CGD.
Developers from BSD communities share code and ideas and they
do peer reviews and audits from which everyone in the BSD
communities benefits. There might be some heated discussions
at times, but that's normal and as long as some good comes
out of such discussions they can't be all bad, they make
people work harder and focus more attention on issues that
need to be improved. The fact that you posted inflammatory
comments after falsely assuming that my motivation was the
same as yours when replying to my post is more than ironic.

> If you've found flaws in CGD contact the NetBSD developers and
> send patches or shut up (TM).

I notified the author and other people in BSD communities who are
most likely to be interested in knowing about this and improving
CGD. You may want to start paying attention and reading before you
post or you could just apply a patch and take your own (TM) advice.

ALeine
WebMail FREE http://mail.austrosearch.net