Date:      Thu, 07 Sep 2000 09:24:39 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/21017: mtree's "no such file" message at job's end

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 22:32:22 +0200, Gerhard Sittig wrote:

> I'm absolutely not clear about the PR procedure.  Whom do I email
> to?  Is freebsd-gnats-submit the relevant address or is it you?

No, freebsd-gnats-submit is good.  Using that address ensures that your
comments are entered into the Audit Trail for the PR.  Your message will
also be copied to freebsd-bugs, freebsd-ports, or whomever's address
appears in the Responsible field of the PR.

If you only mail freebsd-bugs, your comments don't reach the Audit Trail
of the PR. :-(

There's nothing wrong with copying freebsd-gnats-submit _and_ whomever
replies to your message, though.

I replied to your message in public because you're certainly not the
only person who is confused about this. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.