Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2015 22:25:18 -0500
From:      William Bulley <web@umich.edu>
To:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Aliased Fonts in Xombrero

According to Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com> on Fri, 02/13/15 at 19:25:

> If you don't know what information to provide, the most comprehensive
> method is to run the build in a typescript w/ MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE set:
>
> cd  /usr/ports/www/xombrero
> script xombrero.build make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=1
>
> And post/upload the relevant bits.
>
> Generally, +/- 20 lines from the FIRST error is what is needed to assess
> why the failure is occurring.  Sometimes more info is needed like uname,
> freebsd-version, arch, port options, /etc/make.conf, other installed pkgs,
> how was make called, etc.
>
> Also, a "me too" isn't harmful especially if no one else has said it.  A
> "me too" is probably also desired if some period of activity has passed eg
> *bump*.
>
> A bug report with all the sufficient information has a much better chance
> of being pursued than one where information needs to be teased out of the
> user.

I did a lot of that earlier this afternoon.  If more is desired, I can
easily provide. Since uname(1) gives most of that, I could add that here:

FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE #0: Sat Jan 31 16:16:23 EST 2015 amd64

I'm not sure what is meant by "port options" since after "svn update"ing my
ports tree, and "making" over 900 ports (without incident) using portmaster
as I indicated earlier, I was left with only www/xombrero wanting...   :-(

unix% cat /etc/make.conf
CFLAGS+= -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
COPTFLAGS+= -O -pipe
DOC_LANG=en_US.ISO8859-1
WITH_MOZILLA=firefox
WITH_GECKO=firefox
OPTIONS_UNSET=CUPS
OPTIONS_SET=LPR
WITH_BDB_VER=5
MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=10
TRACEROUTE_NO_IPSEC=TRUE
OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=c6
OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=c6
WITH_PKGNG=yes

Again, I didn't call make(1) explicitly as I have taken to using portmaster(8)
for its value add.  Thanks for all the help.  I hope some of my info helps, too.

Regards,

web...

--

 /"\   ASCII RIBBON          / William Bulley
 \ /   CAMPAIGN AGAINST     /

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|