Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:15:18 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade from GNOME 2.4 to 2.5

--=-X+PBHYf7UnC7dRnSbJao

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 17:40, Adam Weinberger wrote:

>=20
> > Another tiny detail, please make the gnome_upgrade.sh script to be
> > verbose by default. It'd really help me making an estimate of how long
> > it still takes to finish.
>=20
> No. If you want verbosity by default, put export VERBOSE=3D1 to your
> environment.
>=20
> Besides, turning on verbosity wouldn't give you any clearer picture of
> how long it'll take to finish.

To add to this, verbose messages are always printed out to the log
file.  Therefore, if you do like Adam and the error message says, and
compress the file with, say, bzip2, it will shrink to a manageable size,
and then we can take a look.

And FYI, the latest gnome_upgrade.sh is:

# $Id: gnome_upgrade.sh.in,v 1.57 2004/02/17 20:32:20 marcus Exp $

Joe

>=20

--=20

--=-X+PBHYf7UnC7dRnSbJao