Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 1996 16:36:38 +0200
From:      "Philippe Charnier" <charnier@lirmm.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cc1 is dumping core each time

Hi,

I remade world last night, all was well at bootstrap time. A new cc was
made with no reported problem (at compile time and link time) and installed.

Now each time cc1 is run, a get a sig 11 and a core dump, I get a truncated
object file as the result. If I run make -k, the link stage is happy to
merge the faulty object files.

cc1 always fails at the same place (don't have the source handy):
   something like
           if (GET_CODE(x) == <a number>)

I also had problems before, but less than 4 times in a make world, and
restarting solved the problem. Was already reported by someone else if
I remember right. It happened with two different sets of memory.

I got gcc2.6.3 back from my 2.1.5 bootable rescue-disk, to make 2.7.2.1 from
scratch. Hope to be a winner now! :-)

Philippe Charnier                                      charnier@lirmm.fr

         LIRMM, 161 rue Ada, 34392 Montpellier cedex 5 -- France