Date:      Tue, 07 Apr 1998 09:15:32 -0700
From:      "Mark T. Ganzer" <ganzer@spawar.navy.mil>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: device nodes for Luigi's drivers?

Bernie Doehner wrote:

> Do you have the symbolic links between audio->audio1, mixer->mixer1
> dsp->dsp1, etc (see /dev/MAKEDEV)?

Well.... (sheepishly) no I didn't.   It wasn't clear to me what devices
needed to be created, or whether it used the same devices as the voxware
driver - that is why I asked the question originally. I have since gone ahead
and did a "sh MAKEDEV snd1" to create all the audio1, mixer1, etc devices,
and the links to audio, mixer, etc. (since Luigi's driver says that pnp
devices have to use audio1 rather than audio0).  The VAT application device
error messages  have gone away, however I still get no audio, and the meter
doesn't budge. How does pcm1 communicate with audio1? It seems like I have a
missing link between the two.

I am also getting the following messages in my system log when I fire up an
active VAT session:

/kernel: How strange... mss_intr with no reason!Probing for PnP devices:

dmesg is also showing this:

CSN 1 Vendor ID: YMH0020 [0x2000a865] Serial 0xffffffff
PnP: override config for CSN 1 LDN 0 vend_id 0x2000a865
mss_attach <Yamaha SA2>1 at 0x530 irq 5 dma 1:5 flags 0x15
pcm1 (CS423x/Yamaha <Yamaha SA2> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x530 irq 5 drq 1 flags
0x15 id 18

Is there anything else I am missing?

-Mark Ganzer
ganzer@spawar.navy.mil