Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:34:05 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        gibbs@scsiguy.com (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ahc messages

> >On a current SMP box running a kernel from this morning I see messages
> >from the ahc driver I haven't seen before. The machine keeps on running
> >though. Should I worry about them or back down to kernel of yesterday?
>
> Hmmm.  Can you add a call to "ahc_dump_card_state(ahc);" after the
> "WARNING" printf in aic7xxx.c?  I'm trying to reproduce this here as
> well.  I don't know what I've changed that could cause the qoutfifo
> to become confused.  How many drives do you have on the controller?

There are 3 drives on the controller. Almost everything is on da0
except /usr/obj that is on da2. Releases are also built on da2. da1
is mostly idle.

I have only seen it once. The first time after a reboot with the new
kernel. I have now rebooted again with the same kernel and built a
whole release with a squeek from ahc. Is it possible that it could
have been some interaction or leftover from the previous sequencer
code or something like that?

I'll put ahc_dump_card_state(ahc) in.

John
--