Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:16:36 -0500
From:      "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@homer.att.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   route pointing to a gateway that's not on net

I was recently following a thread on tech-netbsd that was discussing
the routing tables when the gateway address was on a 10.x.x.x network
while the machine was assigned a 209.122.66.x address.  The long and short
of the discussion (as I understand the discussion) was that this was
that while it can be accessed via windose and Linux (
      > > On Linux, we could do this to get around that minor problem:
      > > route add -host 192.168.14.88 dev eth0
  ) that is was an evil, ugy illegal network route and that it not possible,
will not be implemented in NetBSD.

Now since my cable ISP has me provised it this manner, and since I can't
find a method to get out from FreeBSD using the route command.  I was
wondering if a) I missed something and there is some option for the route
command that allows to route to be setup, or if not will netgraph allow me
to setup this route?

Thanks

Jim Ballantine