Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:16:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Joe Shevland" <joe.shevland@horizonti.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/release/sysinstall needs YOU. :-)

> What are peoples' thoughts on a Java administration tool for FreeBSD? One

I feel the same way about this as I do about all the proposals I've
seen for web-based administration and installation tools in general:
Doing this is not an easy nut to crack, and security concerns are not
entirely trivial, but if you think you can do it then by all means GO
FOR IT!

Unfortunately, it would also seem that most people are only good for
suggesting that a Java or plain-HTML based admin tool would be a good
thing and not so much good for actually coding up the proof-of-concept
that'd be required to make it anything more than a simple and
often-made suggestion. ;-)

					Jordan