Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:22:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        tcobb@staff.circle.net
Cc:        jose@we.lc.ehu.es, tom@uniserve.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Out of file descriptor error 3.1-BETA

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 tcobb@staff.circle.net wrote:
Well,
the problem went away since I removed the rc.conf in /etc, by copying
this one into /etc/defaults to be the only one! Now the system is
running. Well, I feel stupid because I did a lot of experiments with
rc.conf and rc.conf.local, but I never figured out that sucking in it
twice a time could cause these problems ...

Well, thanks a lot for your assistance. Hope this helps others who
run into similar problems ...

Oliver

> Jose,
> I think you're exactly right.  Now that I recall, after install
> my /etc/rc.conf was empty and so I copied /etc/defaults/rc.conf
> over it and edited from there.  I stripped it down
> to just the overrides and the problem went away -  I did this
> all on the first reboot after load b/c none of the customizations
> were set (no ip address, etc).
>
> - T

Gruss O. Hartmann
harto000@mail.uni-mainz.de
ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de

i.A. Systemadministration IPAMZLX
Klimadatenserver des IPA, Unisversitaet Mainz