Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:13:02 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail(8) meets the digital camera

Ryan Thompson schrieb:,

> The traffic was no problem (we've had a lot worse), but a long time
> ago, I set up a cron job to process the sendmail queue every 15
> minutes.

> These two entries have been recurring in maillog every time the queue
> script runs, and it's getting more than a little irritating. :-) For
> now I've just backed off the sendmail queue script to run half as
> often.

> Any ideas/suggestions as to what I could do to avoid this problem,
> both immediately, and for similar occurences in the future?

Better way to do it:

define(`confMIN_QUEUE_AGE', `60m')dnl

confMIN_QUEUE_AGE       MinQueueAge     [0] The minimum amount of time a job
                                        must sit in the queue between queue
                                        runs.  This allows you to set the
                                        queue run interval low for better
                                        responsiveness without trying all
                                        jobs in each run.

if delivery fails, you try it less freqent,
and this don't affect normal delivery.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]