Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 05:30:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        archie@whistle.com (Archie Cobbs)
Cc:        cmott@srv.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

> <nitpicking>
>
> This brings up a good point... if you're writing code and you
> want/expect something to be 32 bits, then its type should be
> either "int32_t" or "u_int32_t"!! Same goes for 8, 16, and 64!
>
> </nitpicking>

You're going to kill me on this...  ;-).

I suppose:

	8	char
	16	short
	32	int
	64	long

?

...I thought "int" was supposed to be the single-cycle-fetch type...
so isn't int 64 like long?  If so, how do I get an int32_t?

Anyway, damn ANSI for not implementing sized types... or adopting
"quad" and loosening the restriction on sizeof(long)>=sizeof(int).
8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---