Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:46:11 -0500
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        Christopher Weimann <cweimann@k12hq.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIOS Console Redirection

>> Has anybody else used the PhoenixBIOS and the console redirection
>> and gotten an ALT-blah key code simulated?

Christopher> I am betting it will work Hyperterminal from a Windows
Christopher> box.  At least that works for me with my Intel
Christopher> Netstructure 1010 boxes.  Someday maybe I'll spend the
Christopher> time to figure out how to get minicom or tip to send the
Christopher> right sequences.

I tried it from Hyperterminal, but with out success. When I press
ALT-3 windows beeps at me. If I press ALT-F I get the file menu for
that window. It seems as if windows is capturing the ALT-blah
sequences, not hyperterm.

I poked around and couldn't find a setting that bypassed this.

Perhaps I wasn't clear earlier: I have everything else working just
fine, its just that damn ALT-3 sequence I can't get. And Tyan has be
no help at all.