Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 22:26:44 +0200
From:      "Leif Neland" <leif@neland.dk>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, <bb@bb4.com>
Subject:   OT: Selective bad connectivity

This may be partially OT in the forums, but still, I need some help before I
loose all my hair...

We've got a client with a FreeBSD box with 2 NIC's, one to the internal net,
one to a intel8200 router connected through channelized E1 to a cisco2620 at
our premises, and then through our border router to the internet.

They want to connect to a server http://www.some.dom but it rarely ever
succeds.
But they can connect to www2.some.dom at the same company at the same
c-class.
They also can connect 99.99% of the the times to www.dr.dk.

I'm running BigBrother at both their location and at our location. It
monitors http, ftp
 and smtp on www[2].some.dom

From our location it works, from their, www.some.dom fails most of the time.
And
that's through the same borderrouter.
I even changed our client's ip so it is in the same c-class as the server at
our location.

I can't do a traceroute, because global one seems to have filtered pings at
the router to
 the client. Could that matter? Shouldn't...

The reverse dns is also missing for some.dom, but that shouldn't matter
either. Or?

I really don't know what to do or try next. Help! (Reply privately to
mailto:leif@neland.dk so not to clutter the lists.

Leif