Date:      Wed, 08 Jul 1998 18:47:13 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@demon.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Internal modem on Fujitsu Lifebook 280DX

Hi all,

Anyone had any experiences of getting the internal modem on a Fujitsu
Lifebook 200-series to identify itself to FreeBSD -- I've done a couple
of searches through the mail archives, but nothing obvious turned up

On booting (with 2.2.6-stable), it appears as some kind of PCI device:

	pci0:16: vendor=0x11c1, device=0x0440, class=comms,
		 subclass=0x80 int a irq 9 [no driver assigned]

and pciconf -l reports similar information:

	pci0:16:0: class=0x078000 card=0x044011c1 chip=0x44011c1
		   rev=0x00 hdr=0x00

Making matters slightly more complicated is that there also appear to
be a number of other internal devices hooked to irq 9, namely the
two PCI<->Cardbus bridges (one on int a, the other on int b), and a
USB controller (on int d)

Any suggestions for getting this beastie working, or am I doomed to
go get a PC-Card modem?

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Demon Internet, Austin, Texas.