Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:45:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        JAKO Andras <goya@eik.bme.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EtherExpress Pro/10+

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, JAKO Andras wrote:
> But if I try to access any other host, there's no response.  (E.g. I can't
> ping my default gateway.)  The solution is to do some random

Use the 'softset2' utility on the card's driver disk (or download from
Intel) to set the media type.

I'll MFC the ifmedia code for 'ex' just as soon as it all works.  This
should allow you to select the media inside of FreeBSD.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |