Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:52:08 +0000
From:      Jake Stride <jake.stride@senokian.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unisntall Network PCI Card

I have recently started using freebsd since the debacle with redhat,
and have a question that I am not sure of the answer too.

I have a freebsd 4.8 machine running as a print server, and I wish to
uninstall a network card from it (wi0). Can I just remove the card (and
associated start_if.wi0 config file) and freebsd will work out the rest
(In redhat kudzu would have done this for me). Or do I need to tell the
kernel not to load the device anymore.

I have searched google to no avail, most people tend to have problems
installing not uninstalling things.

Thanks

Jake