Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:47:23 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, /dev/null@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Here is what IBM thinks about using FreeBSD on their newer Thinkpads

At 11:26 AM 11/28/2000, Terry Lambert wrote:

>I think this presumes that the HD is examined at boot time,
>instead of stopping once the system sees a bootable CDROM,
>which is the normal case when doing a recovery.

If the problem is a BIOS that can't handle a FreeBSD boot
sector, perhaps a special boot sector with replacement hard
disk BIOS code -- such as the one included in OnTrack Disk
Manager -- would serve as a workaround. The problem
could also be that the laptop has a suspend/resume feature
that's looking for a special partition or DOS file and not
finding it.

--Brett