Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 18:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/7188 - Partially closed

The following reply was made to PR ports/7188; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To: <steve@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc: <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 19:54:50 -0500

 From: Steve Price <steve@FreeBSD.ORG>
 >Synopsis: SSLeay unable to locate file to patch
 >
 >State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 >State-Changed-By: steve
 >State-Changed-When: Fri Jul 10 17:17:47 PDT 1998
 >State-Changed-Why:
 >Mark Murray fixed this not too long ago.

 I just updated my ports collection and checked the SSLeay port.
 This PR is partially closed, ./files/Makefile.patch is fixed, but the
 ./Makefile is still using BUILD_DEPENDS instead of LIB_DEPENDS.

 When it tries to find the rsaref library the Makefile proceed to re-build
 it.

 Try:

 edit /etc/rc.conf and set USA_RESIDENT to YES

 cd /usr/ports/security/rsaref
 make install
 make clean
 cd ../SSLeay
 make build

 It will fail to find the rsaref library and will proceed to rebuild it.
 When
 the rsaref hits the install stage it will fail because the port is already
 installed.

 Scot