Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:00:35 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gaml@buz.ch>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using standard I/O on pipes?

Hi,
I'm running into trouble using stdio on pipes. Basically, my app
redirects the stdout to a pipe and then execs a filter which should
be able to printf() and all other means that write to stdout but when
I run the code, it will only transmit data that I write directly with
write() systemcalls. I'm thinking this should work (else I couldn't
use printf() on stdout pipes in a shell neither) but maybe I'm
overlooking something.