Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 08:48:56 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        rmc@co.ip.pt, gibbs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD SCSI instalation problem

As Rui Cohen wrote:

> I' m trying to install FreeBSD 2.1.5 in a HP netserve LC but the SCSI
> adaptor isn't recognized. The HP has an on board embebed SCSI controlor
> AIC 7770. Is it possible to install FreeBSD in this machine ? Do you
> have any tips on how to solve this problem?

I'm not sure, i've heard rumours that this machine has the SCSI
controller on the unexpectedly (for our EISA code) high EISA slot
number of 10 or 11.

Do you have the chance to install it using another controller, so you
can rebuild a kernel there?  The source code patch should be very
simple, but unless somebody can create a new boot floppy for you, it's
a bit tricky to install it then.

Justin?  Is it possible to bump EISA_SLOTS to 12?

--
cheers, J"org