Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2013 08:10:08 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vim and Vim-lite ports broken options

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 01:37:36AM +0200, Nikola Pavlovi=C4=87 wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> Is it just me, or did the last revision[*] of editors/vim break options
> for both it and editors/vim-lite?  When I try to update vim-lite
> optional dependencies from vim are forced on this port, so I get
> mandatory Python, Lua, Ruby... with vim-lite. :)
>=20
> I only ever install vim-lite, so just out of curiosity I tried make
> config in vim, and it said there are no options to configure, so
> something is definitely wrong with that.
>=20
> Yesterday I upgraded vim-lite on the same machine (in a different jail,
> and outside) and it worked fine.
>=20
> I couldn't spot the error immediately, and I'm not really up to
> date with OptionsNG ATM to tinker.
>=20
>=20
> [*] http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=3Drevision&revision=3D322016
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Big M, Little M, many mumbling mice
> Are making midnight music in the moonlight,
> Mighty nice!
>=20

I have fixed vim-lite so that its default options are sane again.

I still don't get what VIM_OPTIONS brings to the users that the options with
the same default didn't bring to them except a dialog4ports window promptin=
g?

If the problem is just that this dialog4ports window is bring prompt? One c=
an
just set NO_DIALOG=3Dyes in make.conf.

Given that VIM_PORT_SCRIPT_LANGS will allow to tune vim the same way options
does almost but that will not be consistent with the general way.

regards,
Bapt

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv--