Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2007 21:18:59 -0500
From:      "Meenoo Shivdasani" <meenoo@gmail.com>
To:        dparussalla@baysidegrp.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clamav-90_2 Lockup with freebsd 6.2

On 2/26/07, Dimuthu Parussalla <dparussalla@baysidegrp.com.au> wrote:
> Clamav-90_2 Lockup with freebsd 6.2
>
> Still under load clamav_90_2 locks up with high cpu usage. Had to downgrade
> the port to 88.7_1 to get the server going. Sockstat shows lots of open
> sockets from clamd.

I've been seeing excessive CPU usage from clamav_90_1 on 6.1.  (clamd
taking 60+% of the CPU)  I've somewhat stifled that by reducing the #
of postfix connections to clam and by implementing other postfix
things to reduce the ability of botnet infested hosts to be able to
get to clam in the first place.

FWIW, I didn't see this problem with earlier versions of clam.