Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 00:40:45 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good keyboards

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 11:17:34PM -0500, Dave Hummel wrote:

> I agree. I have one from an XT dated 1986, and it's the best keyboard I've
> ever used. I beat on it, and it just keeps working. The only downfall is
> that it's a little noisy for late night stealth computing. I wouldn't mind
> getting a few more myself.

i have three of them as well .. teh old xt type .. is it at all possible to get
them to work in an ibm pc/at style keyboard 'port' .. a smallbalck box or
someting like that .. most keyboards thes days .. ok a little while ago (grin)
were pc/at and pc/xt harware compatible .. all yo had to do was flip a switch.

i have one of teh pc/rt 's doing teh rounds and two new still in sealed
plastic wrap as spares for when my currently long serving one wears out.

anyway just a though

regards

jonathan, keeping sydney awake with my pc/rt machine gun ..