Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 00:33:48 +0100
From:      Fredrik Carlen <fredrik.carlen@telia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports/packages

Let me just get this straight:
All the packages that were available for the time of my version's release are
on the CD's, but not necessarily the tarballs required to build the ports?

I tried to port lynx, and put all the even remotely lynx-looking tarballs into
/usr/ports/distfiles/ , and then switched directory to /usr/ports/www/lynx/ and
did 'make', but it still tried to fetch the tarball by ftp, and since my
ppp-connection wasn't up, it failed. What have _I_ failed to understand?

/Fredrik