Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 20:03:58 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/firefox: crashing when intend to play video/streaming

--=-9qbovGKoDXU0efhTt8ZW

On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 23:30 +0900, Jan Beich wrote:
> "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de> writes:
>=20
> > When trying to play  a video from YouTube or any other type of stream o=
> > a website providing it, Firefox is "crashing"
>=20
> ARIFF_OSS option/patch in audio/alsa-plugins is not really maintained
> and probably only needed for 7.x which is now EOL. It has a known
> issue (see ports/170473) where www/firefox built with ALSA would
> crash unless you set media.use_cubeb -> false in about:config.
>=20
> If you don't use youtube.com/html5 then my guess would be an issue
> with IPC e.g., libevent14 is getting in the way again. Try setting
> dom.ipc.plugins.enabled -> false.

Hello.

Thanks for this hint!
I deactivated ALSA in the opetions-menu (as well as RTC stuff since it
only builds with ALSA). I used PULSEAUDIO instead. I also configured the
option in Firefox itself as recommended. The result is, that now the
videos, no matter how they are embedded in a webpage, can be played
again and Firefox isn't crashing anymore. dom.ipc.plugins.enabled ->
true also remains the Firefox stable.

oh

--=-9qbovGKoDXU0efhTt8ZW

--=-9qbovGKoDXU0efhTt8ZW--