Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 2006 9:58:20 -0500
From:      <zimmermanjj@alltel.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   "Support for 80386 processors (the I386_CPU kernel configuration option)"

Hello.  I quoted the subject of the email directly from the kernel changes section of the FreeBSD/i386-RELEASE release notes.  I am not sure if I am reading this correctly, but does this mean that people who have Intel-based processors (such as P4 and Celeron) should not use 6.0 and only use 5.4?  I want to intsall FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE on a Celeron and a P4, and to the best of my knowledge they are i386 processors (80386).  If someone could clear this up I would appreciate it.