Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:16:28 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, James Howard <howardjp@glue.umd.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/security -> /etc/periodic/security ?

> Brian Somers wrote:
>
> >> Well, "periodic security" will work as long as /etc/periodic/security
> >> exists, so I guess you just mean the docs need updating?  I'll get to
> >> that if someone is actually planning on committing this stuff.
> >=20
> > Perhaps the best option is to do with the inline security option and=20
> > just run ``periodic security'' from cron ?  I can commit the changes.
>
> I don't think there's really a problem with just running security
> from daily.  I can add a note that this is normal practice in the
> manpage, and that security shouldn't be run separately unless you set
> daily_security_enable=3DNO or whatever the option is.

Oops, sorry for the reply latency....

I don't think it's appropriate to separate the security script into
multiple scripts unless the intention is to run ``periodic
security''.  This is just my personal view though.  If you feel
strongly about it, you should bring it up on freebsd-arch.  I'll
certainly back down if the concensus says it should be split.

> --=20
> Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

BTW, congrats on your commit bit !
--